A typical Sunday morning for families with children
We are dedicated to building community, and we encourage families to worship together here at Harrison Church! We want you to know, ALL are welcome in our worship services, so please don’t hesitate to bring your little ones to worship with you. Other opportunities for children are listed below!
- Nursery (infants, toddlers & twos)
Nursery is available during the 8:30AM, 9:45AM and 11:00AM services in building 200. We are committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment for your little ones. For this reason, our nurseries are staffed with paid childcare providers who are CPR certified, and we maintain ratios in accordance with our “Safe Sanctuary Policy.”
- Sunday School
Preschool Sunday School for 3-year-olds is available at both 9:45AM and 11:00AM in building 200. Sunday School teachers are paid childcare workers with background checks.
- 4-year-olds and Kindergarteners
4-year-old and Kindergarten Sunday School is available at both 9:45AM and 11:00AM in building 200. Sunday School teachers are trained volunteers with background checks.
- Elementary (1st through 5th grade)
Elementary Sunday School classes are divided by grades and are taught at 9:45AM on the first floor of building 100. Sunday School teachers are trained volunteers with background checks.
- inkWELL Children’s Worship inkWELL is a worship service that’s all about taking kids (1st – 5th Grade) deep into the well of God’s love and power through a worship experience designed to reach them emotionally, physically, and spiritually. The inkWELL service is worship “kid style” for the purpose of preparing children to attend “Big Church.” It’s complete with singing, teaching, videos, special activities, and more! We teach the kids familiar worship songs, the Lord’s Prayer, Apostle’s Creed and more! So come dive in with us each Sunday at 11am upstairs in the Multipurpose Room. Doors open at 10:45am for sign-in, and parents—you are welcome anytime to join us for this experience!
*Questions? Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions below or our Safe Sanctuary policy
Opportunities to serve
Do you have a passion for Children and Families, and a desire to be involved? We have many opportunities for you to use your gifts to serve the families of Harrison. Here are just a few…
- Sunday School & Children’s Worship (inkWELL) – Opportunities are available to teach, assist, and help with greeting and registering children on Sunday mornings.
- Vacation Bible School – Each summer we offer a fun-filled week of Vacation Bible School for children ages 4 through 5th grade in our community. Opportunities are available to lead small groups of children, help with crafts, decor, games, etc.
- New Baby Ministry – We provide a gift and a bible to new babies born to church members. Opportunities are available to provide new baby gifts, and assist with home visits.
- Children’s Council – Responsible for organizing and supporting the children’s ministry.
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to let us know!
Children's Ministry Announcements:
Frequently Asked Questions