GETHSEMANE GARDEN CHRISTIAN CENTRE
Who does Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre serve?
- Kenyan children who have been orphaned, primarily by the tragic toll of AIDS. Located on Mfangano Island in the middle of Lake Victoria, GGCC serves the Suba tribe primarily. Concurrent with the formation of GGCC,the founder and director of GGCC, Naphtaly Mattah, translated the bible into the Suba language. GGCC has served as a light for a region that knew only darkness. The Holy Spirit at work there has literally transformed much of their nation.
- Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre raises funds to provide 625 students pre-K through grade 12 food, school supplies (including Bible), school and sports uniforms, lodging, healthcare, buildings, and pay for administrators, cooks, maintenance, security, teaching staff, and house parents.
- Secure sponsors for each orphan (encouragement, support, prayer, letters)
- Summer mission trips to Kenya
When does Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre serve?
- Child Sponsorship Sunday (HUMC) – TBD
- Summer Mission Trips to GGCC in Kenya – July 7, 2016 to July 21, 2016 & July 14, 2016 to July 28, 2016
- Various fundraisers such as : Golf Tournament, 5K, luncheons, desserts
What specific purpose does Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre serve that no other ministry duplicates?
- Working with GGCC helps us as Christians to follow Jesus’s commands in James and Acts to “look after the orphans in their distress”, and to share the gospel to “all the ends of the earth”
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress…” James 1:27
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- It allows the opportunity to form ongoing Christian relationships with beautiful loving people on the other side of the earth.
What opportunities are open for new volunteers who want to try serving Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre and how do they get connected?
- From sponsoring a child, to going on a mission trip, to helping with established fundraisers or creating new ones…these kids just need someone to love who will love them back. Contact us and we we can explore how God has uniquely prepared you to help.
Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre Contact Information:
Mike and Ann Kendall and their 3 children (Harrison members) have spent time at GGCC, sponsor children, and are members of the GGCC-USA Board. You can contact them by Clicking Here.
The GGCC-USA office is here in Charlotte:
Rev. Bill Smith
Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre, USA
PO Box 713
Matthews, NC 28106