COLLEGE JOHN WESLEY – HAITI
Who does this Ministry Serve ?
The students and staff at College John Wesley in Cap Haitian, Haiti. College John Wesley is a primary and secondary school with a total enrollment of approximately 300 students, most of whom are from families of poverty.
How does this Ministry serve ?
Harrison Church has partnered with the school to set up a daily lunch program with nutritious meals from Stop Hunger Now, which are provided at no charge. The shipping and customs fees are paid for by Harrison Missions Ministry and are shipped from the U.S. to Haiti 3 times per year. Harrison teams travel to Cap Haitian several times a year to weigh and measure the children as required by Stop Hunger Now, build classroom furniture, paint walls, and make general repairs. Additionally, Harrison has provided funds to purchase water cisterns, replace charcoal cooking grills with a propane stove, and remodel the kitchen.
How Can You Serve in this Ministry ?
There are a numbers of ways to support the Harrison Haiti Missions
- Travel to Haiti as a part of a team.
- Sponsor a student with a monetary donation to pay tuition.
- Support the Harrison Annual Rummage Sale to raise money for shipping/customs charges and other expenses by making donations of furniture and other household items as as well as volunteering to work at the sale. Our Rummage Sale in April last year was a HUGE success. We raised over $22,000 to be used to cover shipping costs for the meals, medical supplies, and building supplies for renovations at the school. We will be having a Rummage Sale this year on April 29th. We are looking for volunteers to help that day. To volunteer please download and submit the form below or sign up online.
Click below to sign up online to help
Download the form by clicking below, filling it out, and submitting it to the church office.
- On a recent trip to Haiti, Beth Kendall, our Harrison Parish Nurse, explored the possibility of providing limited medical care to the primary students at College John Wesley. Be watching for more information on this potential new ministry and how you can be involved. Please contact Beth @ email@example.com for more information.
- We are sending a small team to Haiti in March 2017 trip. They will be checking on the children and how they are progressing and leading the 1st-6th graders in a 3 day Bible School.