SERVE / PARTNER WITH US IN MINISTRY
We encourage our church family to find a place to serve as part of their Spiritual formation – there are lots of opportunities to serve either at the church or in our community.
The Bible tells us that “each one should use the gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10).
God has given each one of us unique gifts to be used to build up the local church and our community. Everyone doesn’t receive the same gifts. Just as many parts of the human body work together as one, so Spiritual Gifts are given to the Body of Christ to serve as one. We encourage you to use the Spiritual Gifts Discovery tool below to discover your unique giftedness, and then find an area where you can serve with joy. You can refer to the Service Guide on this page to find opportunities within the church or in our community that are in line with your spiritual gifts.
Places where you can serve NOW!
- Vacation Bible School – July 31 to Aug 4 – Our registration is complete and we have 100 children registered for VBS and 20 on the waiting list. Now we need some people to partner with us to serve our children! You can help, even if you can only offer a few hours. We need help preparing prior to the VBS week, help setting up and decorating and then people to serve during the week. If you are available to help, please click here to sign up.
- Children’s Ministry Summertime: Several of our ministry partners are taking some well-deserved time off from teaching Sunday School this summer. We need some extra hands to substitute! If you feel called to serve our little ones, contact Kelly Regueira.
- Hospitality Team: If you like to welcome newcomers or help someone to find their way on their first visit to Harrison Church, the chances are that you have the gift of Hospitality! We are looking for people to serve on the hospitality team! For more information, please contact Anita King at (704)541-3463 ext. 213. You can serve every Sunday, once a month or just on special occasions – there are lots of different options!
- Children’s Minsitry 2017-2018 School Year: Harrison children’s ministry is successful because of awesome volunteers who love the Lord and have a passion for kids. If you love kids, prayerfully consider volunteering in one of the many opportunities in Children’s Ministry listed in the Service Guide. Contact Kelly Regueira.
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry: Our food pantry is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am to 1 pm, year round. If you would like to volunteer, please contact our Loaves & Fishes coordinator by clicking here.
- Coffeehouse Set-up: make coffee and set up coffee table in Hammill Hall on 1 Sunday morning per month. Contact Beth Kendall.
- English As A Second Language (ESL): Volunteer with the ESL ministry as a teacher or class assistant, or simply donate snacks for social time! Three hours a week during the fall and/or spring school semesters, in the morning or evening. No experience necessary. Contact Leslie Little, or call at 704-641-0238.
On Campus Volunteer Projects
This list of projects was generated by the Trustee Committee. Harrison Church does not have maintenance personnel on staff & is dependent on volunteers to help with basic maintenance items. This allows the community an opportunity to serve the church in a tangible way.
If you would like to complete one of the projects please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Headley @ 847-606-0699. Supplies to complete the project may be eligible for reimbursement but please notify trustees first to prevent duplicate purchases as some items are available in Trustee Supply Closet in old parsonage building.
Notification when the project is completed is appreciated so the list can be updated.
- Replace toilet issue dispenser in ladies restroom, building 200
- Exterior light on storage shed does not wor
- Electrical breaker at the marquee is tripping frequently
- Upper portion of marquee will not stay lit
- Radioactive exit signs need to be replaced, building 100
- Steeple chimes system is not working
- Leaking toilet in ladies room, building 300
- Leaky water valve underneath middle sink in men’s room, Hammill Hall
- Sand pile in parking lot needs to be removed
- Dumpster gate behind parsonage is broken
- Dumpster gate near cemetery needs a new latch
- Graffiti removal, repaint if necessary, around building 100
- Fire panel, ground fault, Hammill Hall
- Various painting projects
- Replace door, white shed