SERVE / VOLUNTEER
Service is another component of the Worship + 2 direction that we encourage every member of our congregation to pursue in the path of spiritual maturity.
The Bible tells us that “each one should use the gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10).
God has given each one of us unique gifts to be used to build up the local church and our community. Everyone doesn’t receive the same gifts. Just as many parts of the human body work together as one, so Spiritual Gifts are given to the Body of Christ to serve as one. We encourage you to use the Spiritual Gifts Discovery tool below to discover your unique giftedness, and then find an area where you can serve with joy. You can refer to the Service Guide on this page to find opportunities within the church or in our community that are in line with your spiritual gifts.
Places where you can serve NOW!
- Haiti Rummage Sale : We need volunteers to serve during the Haiti Rummage Sale the week of April 24th. Click here to volunteer.
- Hospitality Team: If you like to welcome newcomers, provide baked goods for the Coffeehouse, or help someone to find their way on their first visit to Harrison Church, the chances are that you have the gift of Hospitality! We are looking for people to serve on the hospitality team! For more information, please contact Anita King at (704)541-3463 ext. 213. You can serve every Sunday, once a month or just on special occasions – there are lots of different options!
- English As A Second Language (ESL): Volunteer with the ESL ministry as a teacher or class assistant, or simply donate snacks for social time! Three hours a week during the fall and/or spring school semesters, in the morning or evening. No experience necessary. Contact Leslie Little, or call at 704-641-0238.
- Children’s Ministry 2016-2017 School Year: Harrison children’s ministry is successful because of awesome volunteers who love the Lord and have a passion for kids. If you love kids, prayerfully consider volunteering in one of the many opportunities in Children’s Ministry listed in the Service Guide. Contact Kelly Regueira.
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry: Our food pantry is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am to 1 pm. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jean Salvo or Roscoe Hinton.
- Coffeehouse Set-up: make coffee and set up coffee table in Hammill Hall on 1 Sunday morning per month. Contact Beth Kendall.
On Campus Volunteer Projects
This list of projects was generated by the Trustee Committee. Harrison Church does not have maintenance personnel on staff & is dependent on volunteers to help with basic maintenance items. This allows the community an opportunity to serve the church in a tangible way.
If you would like to complete one of the projects please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Headley @ 847-606-0699 or David Church @ email@example.com. Supplies to complete the project may be eligible for reimbursement but please notify trustees first to prevent duplicate purchases as some items are available in Trustee Supply Closet in old parsonage building.
Notification when the project is completed is appreciated so the list can be updated.
- Repaint exterior doors and casings, Plummer building.
- Repaint exterior overhangs, Plummer building.
- Replace ceiling tiles, upstairs hallway, Plummer building.
- Repair dumpster gate, behind Plummer building.
- Paint rooms 100 & 101A, Plummer building.
- Unclog water fountain, children’s wing.
- Paint wainscoting (same color as existing), Hammill Hall.
- Paint between wainscoting and upper trip (same color as existing), Hammill Hall.
- Patch & repaint hole in ceiling of women’s room, Hammill Hall.