SERVE / PARTNER WITH US IN MINISTRY
We encourage our church family to find a place to serve as part of their Spiritual formation – there are lots of opportunities to serve either at the church or in our community.
The Bible tells us that “each one should use the gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10).
God has given each one of us unique gifts to be used to build up the local church and our community. Everyone doesn’t receive the same gifts. Just as many parts of the human body work together as one, so Spiritual Gifts are given to the Body of Christ to serve as one. We encourage you to use the Spiritual Gifts Discovery tool below to discover your unique giftedness, and then find an area where you can serve with joy. You can refer to the Service Guide on this page to find opportunities within the church or in our community that are in line with your spiritual gifts.
Places where you can serve NOW!
- Hospitality Team: If you like to welcome newcomers or help someone to find their way on their first visit to Harrison Church, the chances are that you have the gift of Hospitality! We are looking for people to serve on the hospitality team! For more information, please contact Anita King at (704)541-3463 ext. 213. You can serve every Sunday, once a month or just on special occasions – there are lots of different options!
- Children’s Ministry 2017-2018 School Year: Harrison children’s ministry is successful because of awesome volunteers who love the Lord and have a passion for kids. If you love kids, prayerfully consider volunteering in one of the many opportunities in Children’s Ministry listed in the Service Guide. Contact Kelly Regueira.
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry: Harrison’s food pantry in Bldg 300 is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am to 1 pm, year round. If you would like to volunteer, please contact our Loaves & Fishes volunteer coordinator, Joyce Garris, at email@example.com
- Coffeehouse Set-up: make coffee and set up coffee table in Hammill Hall on 1 Sunday morning per month. Contact Beth Kendall.
- English As A Second Language (ESL): Volunteer with the ESL ministry as a teacher or class assistant, or simply donate snacks for social time! Three hours a week during the fall and/or spring school semesters, in the morning or evening. No experience necessary. Contact Leslie Little, or call at 704-641-0238.