Sherri completes many important tasks in the HUMC office, including:
- Calendaring-daily and seasonal activities and assigning and coordinating facility space
- Updating ACS database-making changes to individual records
- Membership records-recording membership, baptisms and confirmation in database and book and contacting churches previously attended by members for transfer letters
- Emailing prayer requests
- Coordinating Reception Team
- Mailing bereavement and new baby cards
- Distributing Orders of Worship & Bulletins
- Greeting guests courteously and professionally
She brings several gifts to her position. Administration/Ruling-organization skills help her keep records and meet deadlines. Leadership allows her to influence others to a specific goal. Discernment pinpoints problems and solutions. Serving/Ministry/Helps means she is willing to do what needs to be done in order to accomplish the church’s goals.
“I like working with the people of Harrison and think that my administrative skills can be put to good use. I like working with people and helping to bring a little bit of God to others.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8: “Everything on earth has its own time and its own season. There is a time for birth and death, planting and reaping, for killing and healing, destroying and building, for crying and laughing, weeping and dancing, for throwing stones and gathering stones, embracing and parting. There is a time for finding and losing, keeping and giving, for tearing and sewing, listening and speaking. There’s also a time for love and hate, for war and peace.” (Contemporary English Version Bible). This passage was made popular by the Byrds in their song, “Turn, Turn, Turn” and sometimes I like to sing it which is just a little different from the Bible verse.