The Women’s Ministry at Harrison Church are glad to offer opportunities that encourage fellowship and spiritual growth among women of all ages. We seek to support our church family, clergy and our community through service.
Our next major event is our Girlfriends United Dinner on Friday, October 6. Our theme this year is Vintage Christmas. Doors open at 6 p.m. and dinner will start at 6:30 p.m. We will be supporting Turning Point – a local ministry that serves survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. We will be accepting donations for Turning Point at the dinner. A short list of items is printed on the reverse side of the tickets. Click here for a complete list of donations. We will also be having a Christmas Recipe swap at each table, so bring 7 recipe cards with your favorite Christmas recipe.
Tickets are $20 for the dinner – to purchase tickets, stop by the tables after worship services on September 17 and 24, or contact the church office (Mon- Thurs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Key Women’s events through the year are:
- Monthly luncheons for fellowship (3rd Thursday at noon, January – September)
- Serving at Room in the Inn on Wednesday evening / Thursday morning during the winter months
- One-day on-campus retreat
- Girlfriends United – Friday night dinner for the women of Harrison, friends and family
- Weekend retreat off campus
There are 2 circles for women at Harrison, which meet on a regular basis and are always open to new people!
- Friendship Circle – meets on the 2nd Monday of each month, from September thru May, at 10 a.m. in room 101 of the Plummer Education Center, building 100. The Friendship Circle has guest speakers at the monthly meetings, as well as opportunities for fellowship and service through mission projects. The circle is for women of all ages. For more information, contact Melissa Ralston, firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-496-4614.
- Faith Circle – meets the 1st Tuesday of each month, from August to May, at 6 p.m. in room 113 of the Plummer Education Center, building 100. The Faith Circle is for women of all ages who are seeking a place for fellowship, service and Spiritual growth.
- Bible Studies for Women – each season we offer Bible studies that are specific for women. You will find more information about Bible studies here.