Church-wide Lenten Study – The Walk
Six Weeks beginning the week of March 1st – Holy Week
How do we walk with Christ—daily follow him, grow in him, and faithfully serve him? Let’s find out together with our church-wide Lenten study, The Walk, a book and video curriculum by Adam Hamilton. Sign up for a group time below and discover five essential spiritual practices rooted in Jesus’ walk with God.
The cost of the book is $14 and can be purchased on Realm at the time of sign up, or you may place a check in the offering plate with “Lenten study” in the memo line. You may also pick up and pay for books during church office hours.
Book scholarships and childcare are available upon request. If you have questions, please email your Director of Connections, Jenn Harris, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Days and Times:
- Sundays (March 1st – April 5th) at 8:30 am, 9:45am, 11am, or 5:30pm
- Sundays Online (login from home! March 1st – April 5th) at 5:30 pm
- Mondays (March 2nd – April 6th) at 7 pm
- Wednesdays (March 4th – April 8th ) at 6 pm
- Thursday Mom’s Group (March 5th – April 9th) at 10 am
Growing spiritually is an important part of a Christian’s life and we encourage everyone to be involved in a small group study where they are growing in their knowledge and relationship with God. There are many opportunities to be a part of a small group study at Harrison Church.
Sunday School Classes
Seasonal Bible Studies
Newcomers / Pre-Membership
Sunday School Classes
Sunday School classes have met on Sunday mornings an ongoing basis for many years. You do not need to register for Sunday School classes – you can just show up! Here is a list of the classes that meet on Sunday mornings:
· Discussion Class – 9:45 a.m. Administration & Education Bldg., room 101. Class contact: Ron Horton. Currently studying Adam Hamilton’s “Simon Peter.”
· Truth Seekers – 9:45 a.m. Administration & Education Center, room 102. Class contact: Roger Hough. Bible study based on different topical book studies.
· Sermon Discussion – 11 a.m. Administration & Education Bldg., room 102. Class contact: Angela Tate. Discussion around the sermon from that morning’s services (8:30 & 9:45 a.m. service participants)
Group for mothers of children of all ages (from infants to young adults) meet weekly for fellowship, support and Bible study. Open to all mothers – you don’t have to be a member to participate! Class contact: Kelly Regueira. Childcare is available – please pre-register using this link.
Seasonal Bible Studies
Offered seasonally in the fall, winter and summer. These Bible studies are usually between 6 and 12 weeks in duration and are offered on campus at different times and days. They are advertised through the church newsletter, website and bulletin inserts. We focus on 4 areas:
· Theology – knowledge of God and the Bible.
· Discipleship – how to live out your Christian faith.
· Piety – how to grow in the application of your faith.
· Mercy – how to live out your faith through service.
Click here for our Summer class information and registration form. This summer we are offering 3 Discipleship opportunities – Date Night, Study on the Gospel of Luke and “Making Sense of the Bible.” Childcare is available for all classes. Click here to register for childcare.
We have some great opportunities for the men of Harrison Church to grow together:
· Band of Brothers – meets at 7 a.m. on Monday mornings at Big View Diner. Fellowship and Bible study (bring your Bible)
· Men’s Breakfast – 3rd Sunday of the month in Plummer Education Center, Room 101. Contact: Dave Jones.
Great fellowship and the best breakfast in town!
We encourage anyone who is interested in membership at Harrison Church to participate in our pre-membership class, Foundations. This class is offered several times a year and is a 5-week class. During the Foundations Class you will learn about our theology and denomination. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the different ministries and discipleship opportunities that take place at the church. We offer a spiritual gifts inventory and review service opportunities based on spiritual gifts. You will meet other potential members, ministry leaders and the pastors. The 5-week class concludes with a lunch with the pastors. Our next class will begin in October 2019. To register for the Foundations Class, click here. Contact: Jil McCain & Anita King.