Purpose & Philosophy
The purpose of Harrison Preschool is to provide a nurturing, Christian environment where children may grow, learn, and develop. The preschool adopts the philosophy that all areas of development are equally important and should receive equal emphasis. We strive to provide a variety of opportunities for children to grow spiritually, socially, physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively.
The preschool is a play based school. We know that children learn best through play, and our role is to set-up a variety of play experiences in which we can encourage children to become involved. We utilize The Creative Curriculum to achieve this objective.
The Creative Curriculum focuses on the environment through hands-on exploration and discovery that helps build lifelong critical thinking skills and fosters confidence. It also provides teachers with the content and tools needed to encourage and support every type of learner.
As the children move into the 4 year old program an additional curriculum is introduced to promote Kindergarten readiness. Handwriting Without Tears is a playful approach to writing. It uses music, movement, and multi-sensory manipulatives to teach all the core readiness skills including crayon grip, and letter and number recognition.
We believe that it is important for children to learn and grow in a Christian environment. In each class we teach Bible stories, verses and songs. Also, our 3 and 4 year olds go to chapel once a week to hear the Word.
- Harrison Preschool accepts children between the ages of 1 and 5 years old.
- The preschool is located on the campus of Harrison Church in the Preschool wing. The entrance is on the right side of the Sanctuary.
- Our hours are 9:30am to 1:15pm, Monday through Friday.
- 2022-2023 Brochure
- 2022-2023 Registration Form – New Family
- 2022-2023 Enrollment Contract
- Registration will begin January 4th and the deadline is January 18th. Please complete the Registration Form and Enrollment Contract and return it with the registration fee. Once you have accepted a spot, you will have a week to pay the Advance Tuition to secure your child’s spot. The forms and fees may be returned in person at the preschool or mailed to Harrison Preschool, 15008 Lancaster Highway, Pineville NC 28134.
2022-2023 Program & Rates
1 Year Olds: 2 days – $215 / 3 days – $285
2 Year Olds: 2 days – $215 / 3 days – $280
3 Year Olds: 2 days – $215 / 3 days – $280
4 Year Olds: 4 days – $305 / 5 days – $345
15008 Lancaster Highway, Pineville, NC 28134 704/541-3463 ext. 203
Tuition Payments: Preschool families can pay their tuition online HERE
Important School Documents
Support Harrison Preschool! Link your VIC Card at Harris Teeter
Please support Harrison Preschool by linking your Harris Teeter VIC card to our account number 5380.
- Log in to your Harris Teeter profile at the top of harristeeter.com.
- Click on My Account once logged in.
- In the Together in Education section, type in 5380 in the School Search toolbar.
- Once the school name generates, click on Harrison Preschool and then click “Add a School.”
- Ask your cashier to link your VIC Card to Harrison Preschool ID#5380