Harrison Church supports the Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts of the USA, with several troops meeting on the Harrison Church campus.
Boy Scouts of America
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. Scouting provides programs for young people through Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, and focuses on building character, improving physical fitness, teaching practical skills, and developing a spirit of community service. Cub Scouts are for boys in the first through fifth grades, or 7 to 10 years of age and Boy Scouts are for boys in grades six through twelve, or 11 to 18 years of age.
As a program for the entire family, Scouting helps parents teach their children a system of values and beliefs while building and strengthening relationships among family members. Providing a positive place where boys can enjoy safe, wholesome and fun activities is key to building a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Cub Scout Pack 502 or Boy Scout Troop 502 that meet on the HUMC campus, please visit:
- Cub Scout Pack 502 website at www.pack502.org or contact Pack Leader Eddie Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org or Pack Committee Chair Marlis Littleton – Marlisl@rocketmail.com
- Boy Scout Troop 502 website at www.troop502.com
Girl Scouts of the USA
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the largest organization for girls in the world. Their mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
For more information about the Girl Scout troops that meet at HUMC, please contact:
- Troop 67: Jamie Geymer at Jamie.email@example.com
- Troop 537: Debbie Arney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troop 2927: Melissa Voignier at email@example.com
- Troop 3773: Tammy Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org